Monday, November 22, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
She wanted a more Victorian theme, which was challenging for me. I first had to do a fan as they are Victorian to me. This one I dyed green and used pearl drop beads for the bottom. I then did some surfing for some inspiration and came up with the dove and ribbon. I used a butterfly lace motif to create it and added a few hearts around it. I had to put on a cameo button as the finishing touch after adding in some stitched and beaded snowflakes a little garland looking seam treatment and a hand dyed flower motif I dyed myself.
The next block I did is for Cathy. This one I thoroughly enjoyed working on for 3 straight nites. I'm almost sorry it's finished .. LOL To start with I embellished the silkes using wool thread for the fur trims and gold accents on hat and dress. A bit later I did the flowers as well. I kept within the 4 colours within the block and loved the way the little doll looked as it reminded me of the old fashion Christmas gifts little girls got, which is what came to mind seeing the little girl silkie... an old fashioned Christmas. I used several lazy daisy chains thinking of the paper garlands and of course more snowflakes for this block too. I did several different seam treatments for a busy but pretty and sparkley block I think. :)