Monday, January 24, 2011

More RR blocks completed

First up is Dee's Fall/Autum RR block. This one brought to mind Halloween so I thought of decorating at Halloween. Spiders adorn the web fabrics and the pumpkin patch sign, wagon, leaf and pumpkin buttons were in a special packet I bought with this block in mind. The center swatch is surrounded with a black trim that goes in all directs as does the block. I added a touch more of the blue purple from the center block throughout the block in seam treatments and added a star to the center. Next is Beryl's Summer Dreams block. What fun this was!! The other blocks in this RR that were done each had a dragon fly so I had to add one too. Ok more then one. :) After that is was flowers all the way as I was thinking of a lazy summer afternoon in my backyard surrounded in all the flowers I love to plant and grow. Often dragonflies and butterflies dance around near buy and this past summer I picked up a set of what looked like seagulls so I added 2 to this block as we often have seagulls come around, especially as soon as we throw the hot dog, hamburger and other bread crust pieces for them to feed on. To finish off this block I had to use on of my smile buttons and I chose the one with the shades and surrounded it with silk ribbon to make a sun.
And on to Spring and another Winter block :)

No comments:

Post a Comment